Online Adoption Contract
Safe Haven Puppy Sanctuary a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Animal Rescue
TO ADOPT A PET, YOU MUST:
• Provide a photo ID verifying your current address
• Be at least 21 years old
• Have written proof from your landlord that pets are allowed (including any size restrictions) or own your own home
• Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for your pet
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Safe Haven Puppy Sanctuary makes every attempt possible to find forever homes for these animals. Relocating from home to home has negative effects on pets; therefore, we strive to do it right the first time. Rescue pets in general come with some type of emotional baggage. Since we were not there to see what they experienced and witnessed, we cannot guarantee you the perfect animal immediately. All animals take patience, time, work and commitment – some rescue animals may exceed the amount of time that one would expect.
By signing below, you are stating that you understand the mission of this organization; you understand what is expected of you in regard to caring for this animal; and you are ready, willing and able to make this lifelong commitment to this animal.
AS THE APPLICANT, I AGREE TO:
1. Keep a properly fitted collar on my dog at all times with an identification tag in the case he or she gets separated from me.
2. Obtain any and all necessary licenses required by State and/or local authorities.
3. Provide my new pet with ALL necessary veterinary care (SHPS is not responsible for any medical fees incurred after the date of adoption).
4. Have the above referenced pet under my control when it is not on my property.
A secured area and shelter will be provided for dogs and puppies. I will not keep my pet tied up or chained for extended lengths of time.
6. Contact SHPS if I cannot keep my pet for any reason. There will be no charge for returned pets.
7. Will not abuse or neglect my new adopted pet and I authorize SHPS, at their sole discretion, to determine whether or not the pet has been abused or neglected. SHPS reserves the right to follow up on any adoption via telephone, e-mail or scheduled home visitation.
8. Will not engage my new pet in any aggressive acts, such as dog fighting.
By submitting the adoption application, you confirm that you have read this document, you understand that any failure to perform the foregoing agreement will constitute a breach of contract. In the event of any such breach of contract, you authorize SHPS to reclaim both possession and ownership of the adopted pet. You also understand that the pet covered by these adoption papers, is as far as can be determined by SHPS, in good health. SHPS always recommends taking your new pet to the vet following adoption. I understand that there is no guarantee from SHPS regarding health, age, breed, or temperament of my new pet. I hereby release and agree to hold harmless SHPS from any claim, liability or cause of action arising from this adoption. I certify that I have read and agree to the requirements listed above. I understand that only under certain circumstances, as determined by SHPS and at their sole discretion, will a refund be issued if for whatever reason I need to return my pet.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns.